Natural Varicose Vein Remedies
How Natural Varicose Vein Treatments can Help You
Though varicose veins can only be effectively treated with medical options such as venous ablation, some natural varicose vein treatments can reduce the discomfort of symptoms of this until treatment can be arranged. These dietary and herbal treatments may not be wholly effective, but many are recommended by healthcare providers as varicose vein prevention methods and to help get rid of varicose veins.
Diet For Health And Veins
People suffering from painful varicose veins can change their diets to support vascular health. While these are not remedies, they may help symptoms.
- A diet rich in fiber can lead to optimal digestive health. In addition to helping with the pressure put on varicose veins, fiber can also help with constipation. Lack of fiber may cause excessive pressure on valves within major veins. Also, strainingcan cause hemorrhoids, a condition related to varicose veins.
- Vitamin C has been shown to help vein structure and overall health. Eating fruits high in vitamin C or taking a vitamin supplement in recommended amounts can be helpful.
- Bioflavonoids are thought to strengthen vein walls with their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Grapeseed extract shows particular promise in assisting vein health.
Natural Varicose Veins Symptom Remedies & Home Treatments
Varicose vein symptoms can be relieved with some healthy habits. These natural varicose vein treatment options can help:
- Compresses can help pain and throbbing from varicose veins. Cool-water soaked compresses placed on an affected area help with swelling. The addition of witch hazel and herbal oils may soothe the affected area and bring about an astringent effect, causing veins to contract.
- Some find that soaking their legs first in warm, then cool bath helps ease pain. Relaxation scents and oils can also be added for a restful experience.
- Stretch out! Lying horizontally on a sofa or bed can reduce pressure. Elevate feet a few inches above the level of the heart. This relieves pressure on leg veins and valves.
Traditional Herbal Remedies
Some herbal treatments are thought to encourage venous health. Give these natural varicose vein treatment herbs a try:
- Horse chestnut seed extract, called aescin, is known to strengthen the walls of veins so they are less likely to soften and bulge. Horse chestnut extract also reduces inflammation, pain, and heaviness in legs. Either as a supplement or used topically, this can be effective.
- Pycnogenol has been used to treat symptoms of varicose veins. Pycnogenol contains flavonoids with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties from pine bark extract.
- Butcher’s broom is thought to strengthen vein walls and act as a mild laxative, which also helps reduce inflammation in veins in the legs and pelvic area. Topical or taken as a supplement, this remedy might ease symptoms.
With any natural varicose vein treatment, communicate with your physician. The treatments above should be discussed as part of your overall health profile. Call Dr. Wright’s office today to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Wright’s vein treatment results are undeniable, check out his before and after pictures.
Today was my last treatment by Dr. Wright for varicose veins in my right calf. He was able to relieve the pain after the first treatment and, the veins have virtually disappeared. If fear is causing you to put off treatment, don’t wait any longer. At the initial exam and consultation, Dr. Wright and his assistant went out of their way to make sure I understood what was needed. They took care of getting a pre-approval from my insurance in just a few days. Scheduling was easy and, I resumed my normal activities immediately following each appointment.