What Is Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction?
Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction is a liposuction technique that uses radio-wave energy to melt away fat while at the same time tightening the skin and body
How Does it Work?
- It starts with a needle puncture over the fat of the problem area.
- A Radiofrequency transmitting electrode probe is then inserted into the incisions
- The RF waves are guided through the fat using another electrode (ensures that the temperature of the treatment area does not get too hot)
- As the RF waves dissolve the fat, it is immediately suctioned out of the body
- Production of collagedn beneath the skin is stimulated and the skin tightens (making the treatment area appear slimmer, more toned, and more youthful)
What are the Benefits of Radiofrequency Liposuction?
- Minimally invasive – No Cutting
- Leaves Little Scarring
- Reduces chances of infection
- Reduces discomfort during the recovery period
- More accurate as the surgeon can guide the probe to precise areas
- Can be used to treat numerous problem areas
- The Probe automatically cuts off the heat if a particular area is getting too hot, which prevents heat damage or other complications
Who is a Good Candidate for RFAL?
- Anyone seeking liposuction or lipo contouring that has loose skin and needs to have enhanced skin contraction
- Any potential liposuction patient that has good skin tone but wants a procedure with less bruising, swelling, and pain
Who is not a good candidate for RFAL?
- Anyone that has unrealistic expectations
- Anyone with a medical illness that might compromise healing (such as diabetes, lupus, scleroderma, etc.)
- Anyone who is pregnant or may become pregnant prior to the procedure
Give our team a call today to learn more about Radiofrequency Liposuction and to schedule your consultation!